Who Should Christians Vote For?

Who Should Christians Vote For?

Who Should Christians Vote For?Who Should Christians Vote For?

Should Christians vote for Donald Trump, the thrice-married, pseudo-Christian who is at best a neophyte to conservatism? Or should Christians vote for Hillary Clinton, who belongs in prison? Or should Christians not vote in 2016?

Four years ago, the choice Christians faced was even worse: vote for Mitt Romney, the high priest of a Satanic cult that claims Jesus is the brother of Satan, or vote for Barack Obama, the champion of homosexuality, abortion and Islam.

Why have recent elections yielded such poor choices for Christian voters?

2008 was the last time we had a qualified, truly Christian presidential candidate. The media shunned him, few voters supported him, and he exited the Republican primary after even Christians went after flashier candidates.

Since the tipping point in 2008, homosexuality and other sexual abominations, as well as Islam, have become mainstream in America, which has been in a social, moral and spiritual freefall (see America in Decline).

So, who should Christians vote for now?

The presumption underlying this question for many is that if we were to somehow elect the right president, he will be able to solve our problems and make America great again. The voters are being told what they want to hear. Even if the claimants sincerely want to solve our problems, they know that they will not be able to do so, for many reasons.

For one, they won't have the money. The federal government already is heavily in debt and has to borrow money every month to meet its expenses. Moreover, as the chart below shows, 71.3% of the federal budget covers mandatory spending on Social Security, Medicare, interest payments on national debt and veterans' benefits. Tinkering with the remaining discretionary 28.7%, already bitterly fought over, will not make a big difference.

Who should Christians vote for
For another, they cannot stop demographic trends. For example, as the next chart shows, homosexual marriage is today supported by 38% of Americans born before 1945 but 71% of those born after 1980. As the former die, support for homosexual marriage will approach the latter figure, and the laws of our democracy will reflect the majority's will.
Who should Christians vote for

What is the root cause of America's problems?

Bad politicians and government reflect our democracy's problems more than cause them, for a bad tree cannot bear good fruit nor a good tree bear bad fruit.

Who can solve our problems?

America's problems have become too big for America, certainly too big for any politician, and too big for even "Christians" (consider the growing rebellion against God represented by all of the curves below). The only one who can solve them is Jesus and His Gospel.

Who should Christians vote for

Four centuries ago, God led a boatload of people from the comforts of Europe to worship Him Biblically in a new land and blessed their descendents into a great nation. At the height of our prosperity, however, we turned away from God, who is withdrawing the blessings that always were and are His.

The growth of homosexuality, poverty, addictions to drugs, pornography, lack of victories in Iraq and Afghanistan, etc. (see America in Decline) are the evidences of said withdrawal and His wrath that is already being poured out on our nation:

"For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due." (Romans 1:26-27)

What we need isn't more Representatives but repentance. As a nation and as individuals, we must humble ourselves before God, confess our sins to Him, repent, and cry out for forgiveness and restoration, for He said:

"If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land." (2 Chronicles 7:14)

See Justice of God.